Holy shitballs it's been a long time since I've posted on here. I kinda want to get back on the horse, if only to get myself into the habit of writing regularly (I haven't written anything in a very very long time).
Anyways, I was re-reading this old article on why women should date geeks and nerds and it's flaws are really starting to bother me. I'm sure somebody has already debunked all of the statements on that list but fuckit I'm gonna do it again.
My list of reasons why geeks and nerds are just as sleazy, lame and desperate to get into your pants as everybody else. The items on this list correspond to the ones on the list linked above.
1. Just because they are shy and awkward does not mean that they have good intentions, it just means that they don't know what to do about their bad ones.
2. Oooh, a guy who can fix my computer. Because I don't already know, like, four hundred computer science grads. What I really want is a guy who can wire my house, fix my truck and/or milk a cow. Now that is useful.
3. Making an e-shrine is creepy.
4. But if you don't like pale, blotchy skin and flabby, atrophied muscles, you're out of luck.
5. Just because a guy knows the dialogue to every TNG episode and how to defrag your computer does not mean he is intelligent. I'm sorry, but it doesn't.
6. Okay, I'll give you that one.
7. Two pumps and he's done.
8. And what if I don't want to subside on a diet of take out and cola? What if I want him to get of his ass and make dinner for once? Tough luck I guess.
9. He may, however, be cybering with another guy on WoW.
10. Ew. Just ew.
11. I dunno, a lot of the geek guys I run into are all "durrrr vagina".
12. Yes, because playing Final Fantasy and reading Woner Woman has not given him completely unrealistic ideas about how women are supposed to look.
13. Honestly, I would rather listen to guys talk about cars. I like cars, I think they're interesting. I would rather know how a car works than a computer.
14. But then I would feel bad when he came home to find me passed out in a pile of beer cans.
15. No they don't.
My point is not that you should go for the guy in the flashy sports car instead, rather that geeks and nerds, like all men, are dicks. All women are cunts. That's just the way it works. If you expect anything else you will be let down at some point.
Not to sound cynical or anything.